Air rifles are gaining in popularity every year, and have also become extremely powerful and accurate. Pneumatic firearms can be used in a variety of different applications, which can include everything from target practice to backyard pest control. Air rifles can also be used for small game hunting and competitive shooting tournaments. While there are hundreds of pneumatic firearms to chose from, there are a few that stand out from the rest. That being said, here are the top rated air rifles for this year.
Top 5 Air Rifles
Black Ops Tactical Sniper Spring Piston Combo
Not only is this one of the top-rated air rifles by industry standards, but this is also a consumer favorite. The break barrel design makes it easy to load, and the included bolt gives this air rifle a professional look and feel. The .177 caliber air rifle is capable of firing up to 1250fps with the accuracy you need for target shooting. With the included 4 x 32 rifle scope, you can be assured that you will hit the bull’s eye every time.
- Not only is this air rifle extremely accurate, but it is also affordably priced.
- The tactical look and feel of this pneumatic firearm makes it ideal to use as a training tool.
- Easy to aim and fire, it is one of the best .177 caliber air rifles for the price.
- While this air rifle is modeled after standard tactical police and military firearms, this might not appeal to fans of a more traditional design.
- It should be noted that this firearm might not be legal in all areas, and it is best to check with local ordinances before purchasing it.
Gamo Whisper Fusion .177 Caliber
With the advantage of accuracy, speed, and noise-muffling technology, it is easy to see why this is consistently rated one of the best .177 air rifles by consumers. This affordably-priced air rifle is not only quiet when fired, but you also have the advantage of an amazing maximum velocity of 1300fps. It is perfect for backyard plinking, and with the included 3-9 x 4 magnification, you also have the benefit of being able to accurately line up every shot.
- One of the advantages to this .177 caliber air rifle is its well-balanced construction that is easy to handle.
- The noise-muffling technology makes it capable of firing without disturbing neighbors.
- This air rifle uses inertia to propel the BBs instead of the standard spring design for more powerful and precision firing ability.
- While this is one of the best-rated air rifles for power and accuracy, it is priced higher than some similar models.
- Fans of the traditional feel of a spring loaded firing system might not be comfortable with this air rifle’s design.
Gamo Silent Cat Air Rifle
This has been one of the best selling .177 caliber air rifle for years, and once you have fired it, you will know why. It’s modern design is not only attractive, but it is also extremely functional. The smooth firing action helps to keep your shots accurate, and it is also a great air rifle for beginning shooters. You have the advantage of the comfortable recoil pad, and the affordable price has made this air rifle a consumer favorite.
- It has a maximum velocity of 1200 feet per second and is extremely accurate when fired.
- This .177 caliber air rifle is ideal for backyard plinking, target shooting, and pest control.
- You have the advantage of the break barrel design and spring loading firing mechanism.
- While this air rifle is easy to use, some consumers have mentioned that the trigger occasionally feels slightly heavy when pulled.
- The stock on this model features smaller grips, which might not be comfortable for people with larger hands.
Benjamin Trail Nitro Piston 2
This is not only one of the best .22 caliber air rifles for hunting, but it can also be used for pest control. You have the advantage of the nitro piston firing system which is not only powerful and accurate, but it is also extremely quiet. You have the advantage of the two-stage trigger which helps to ensure that each shot is precisely lined up and that the air rifle doesn’t fire until you are ready. Capable of firing up to 1200fps, this might be the only air rifle you need for hunting small game and pest control.
- You have the advantage of the include 3-9 x 32 magnification scope which ensures that every shot is a accurate and humane.
- This is one of the quietest .22 caliber air rifles, making it ideal for controlling small pests around your home.
- With the 2 stage trigger, you have the benefit of absolute control over each shot.
- This .22 caliber air rifle is powered by nitro canisters, which can be expensive to frequently replace.
- While this is one of the best break barrel air rifles, this design might not appeal to all small game hunters.
Crosman Nitro Venom Break Barrel
There are several reasons why this is consistently rated as one of the top air rifles, including its lightweight and easy-to-use design. You have the advantage of being able to fire pellets and BBs, along with choosing the caliber. You have all of the advantages of a break barrel design, and with the power of a nitro canister, this is one of the best air rifles for beginners and experienced shooters who just want to have fun.
- It has a versatile design ideal for backyard plinking, target shooting, and pest control.
- The air rifle breaks in and calibrates quickly for precise and accurate shooting.
- You have the advantage of an easy cocking system and durable construction.
- There has been mention that the trigger may be difficult to pull and might not be ideal for younger shooters.
- While this is one of the top-rated air rifles, it is priced slightly higher than similar models.