One of the most important features to consider in an air rifle is its accuracy, but what you are really looking for is consistency. The best air rifle will consistently hit the target you are aiming for, in roughly the same spot each time you fire it. You want the shots to be in the same area without having to constantly adjust your scope. The rifle scope should be used to help you hit the target precisely in the center, while the pneumatic firearm automatically aims for the general vicinity. If you are looking for the best air rifle for target shooting, the most important feature will be its accuracy.
Top 5 Most Accurate Air Rifles
Diana RWS 34 Break Barrel Air Rifle
This is considered the best air rifle for competition shooting, and it shoots just as beautifully as its looks. The polished stock rests comfortably against your shoulder, and it is also incredibly well balanced. This helps to keep each shot level for amazing accuracy. Capable of firing up to 1000 feet per second, this .177 caliber air rifle can also be used to keep control pests and varmints under control around your home and garage.
- Not only is this air rifle incredibly accurate, but it is also smooth and easy to fire making it ideal for beginning target shooters.
- The two-stage trigger gives you maximum control over each shot for improved aim and precision.
- The break barrel design makes this air rifle easy to load and care for.
- This .177 caliber air rifle is designed for target and competition shooting, and is priced slightly higher than other models.
- While you do have the accuracy you need for small game hunting, this is still a .177 caliber air rifle and may not have the power you need for humane kills.
Walther LGV Competition Ultra Air Rifle
One of the best aspects of this air rifle is that you can choose between the .22 and .177 caliber models and still get the same accuracy and precision with each shot. It is designed for competition shooting, but it can also be used for backyard plinking. It is quiet and comfortable to shoot, and with little kickback it is a great air rifle for younger marksmen. You also have the advantage of the two-stage trigger which gives you complete control over each shot.
- Not only is this one of the most accurate air rifles, but it is also designed to be quiet, making it ideal for use in some neighborhoods.
- The lightweight and balanced construction makes it easy to hold and aim, while the slight kickback helps to prevent shoulder injuries.
- You have the advantage of choosing between the .22 and .177 caliber models, making it the best air rifle for all types of shooters.
- It should be noted that this air rifle does use a spring loaded firing system, which might still be too loud for some areas.
- This air rifle is designed for accuracy and precision, reflected in the slightly higher price.
Crosman PCP Challenger .177 Caliber Air Rifle
Not only is this air rifle accurate, but it is also one of the best models for beginners. It features an easy-to-use design that is also well balanced and lightweight. Capable of firing .177 caliber pellets up to 530fps, it is also extremely smooth for increased accuracy. You have the advantage of the two-stage trigger, along with the smooth barrel for an incredibly smooth and accurate firing experience.
- This is considered one of the best priced and most accurate .177 caliber air rifle, ideal for beginning target shooters.
- Not only is this .177 caliber air rifle powerful, but the adjustable scope helps to ensure that you hit the bull’s eye every time.
- You have the advantage of using this air rifle for backyard target practice or competitive tournaments.
- This is a PCP powered air rifle, which should be factored into the final cost.
- While this is one of the most affordable and accurate air rifles, it may not have the power needed for humanely hunting small game.
Gamo Silent Cat Air Rifle
Whether you are looking for the best .177 caliber air rifle or the most accurate one, this model is sure to appear on the list. Not only is this pneumatic firearm capable of hitting the target every time, but it is also extremely quiet. Capable of firing up to 1200 feet per second, it is ideal for target shooting and backyard plinking. You will also appreciate the break barrel design, along with the 2 stage adjustable trigger.
- This is one of the most affordable .177 air rifles that is also incredibly quiet and accurate.
- The break barrel design makes it easy to load and also clean and care for.
- With the 2-stage trigger, you have complete control over each shot.
- While this is the best affordable air rifle for accuracy, it is not powerful enough to be used for hunting small game.
- It might take longer than similar break barrel air rifles to break in, which should be considered if you are using it in competitive shooting.
Benjamin Trail NP All Weather Air Rifle
If you are looking for the best nitrogen-powered air rifle, this might be the perfect model for you. It is accurate, powerful, and easy to fire, along with being extremely quiet. While this .177 caliber air rifle might not be ideal for competition shooting, it is one of the best pneumatic firearms for backyard plinking. It is easy to aim with the included optic sights, and ts quiet design makes it possible to fire this air rifle in some neighborhoods.
- It is a quiet, affordable, and accurate air rifle that is ideal for target practice and backyard plinking.
- This is often considered one of the best affordable air rifles for accuracy.
- It features a durable and long-lasting, all-weather stock and construction.
- The trigger is slightly loose and might not feel comfortable to all shooters.
- This .177 caliber air rifle is designed to be used for backyard plinking and target shooting, and is not ideal for hunting or pest control.