While air rifles can be used for pest control, competition shooting, and small game hunting, the most common use will always be the fun and simple sport of plinking. There is nothing more fun and entertaining than getting together with friends and family for an afternoon of target shooting. Whether you are aiming for tin cans or paper targets, there are some air rifles that are better for recreational shooting than others. If you are looking for an air rifle that is affordable, safe, and accurate, there are some top rated models that you should consider.
Best Recreational Air Rifles
Crosman 1077 Air Rifle
This .177 caliber air rifle is designed to be fun and safe to fire, and features a maximum velocity of 625 feet per second. It hist targets accurately from a distance, and the CO2 powered firing system lets you shred paper targets. Ideal for a fun afternoon of target shooting, this air rifle is also one of the best models for plinking. You also have the advantage of the 12 shot clip, which lets you group or spread your shots out.
- You have the advantage of being able to fire up to 12 rounds as fast as you can press down on the trigger.
- With the front sight and wind adjuster, you can easily line up with the target for amazing accuracy and precision.
- It is lightweight and durable making it an ideal air rifle for recreational shooting.
- While this air rifle is affordably priced, the cost of the replacement CO2 canisters should be factored in to your budget.
- This semi-auto recreational air rifle might not be legal in all areas, and should be considered before making your final decision.
Winchester Model M 14 Semi-Auto CO2 Air Rifle
Not only is this one of the most affordable air rifles, but it is also designed to be fun and safe to use. The rifled steel barrel helps to improve velocity and aim, while the CO2 powered firing system is capable of speeds up to 700 feet per second. Not only can you accurately hit your targets from a distance, but this repeating air rifle also lets you enjoy the experience. The 16-shot magazine will hold pellets and BBs, and this .177 caliber air rifle will fire as fast as you are able.
- It is affordable priced for recreational shooting, and is designed to be durable and long lasting.
- The rear sight can be adjusted, and the front sight helps you accurately line up each shot.
- The 16 round clip lets you group your shots together or simply shred the paper target to pieces.
- While you do have the advantage of the sights, this .177 caliber air rifle does not include a scope.
- It should be noted that this is a fun air rifle, but it still requires the use of CO2 canisters which can be expensive to replace.
Benjamin 392 Pump Air Rifle
There are several reasons why this is one of the best air rifles for fun, which includes its bolt action and variable pump firing system. You have the benefit of the beautiful wood stock designed in the elegant Monte Carlo style. The rifled barrel helps to ensure accuracy and precision, along with the adjustable folding sights. Capable of a maximum firing velocity of 685fps, this is a fun and powerful .22 caliber air rifle.
- The variable pump helps to give your shots power and velocity, while the single bolt action ensures that you only fire when you are ready.
- You have the advantage of the hardwood stock that is styled after the comfortable and classic Monte Carlo firearms.
- With the ability to fire up to 685 feet per second, you can hit even the most difficult target from a distance.
- This is a .22 caliber air rifle, and might not be ideal for all types of target shooting.
- The bolt action can be difficult for some smaller shooters to pull back, and lock in place.
IZH 61 Multi Shot Air Rifle
This .177 caliber air rifle is simply designed to be fun to operate, and it is also incredibly accurate. The stock is easy to grip, and you will love how easy it is to fire multiple shots. The magazine will hold up to 5 rounds, and you can fire it as rapidly as you can press the trigger. With a maximum velocity of 490 feet per second, you can accurately hit targets from a distance. Shred paper targets and slice through melons with this powerful and fun .177 caliber recreational air rifle.
- You have the advantage of the 90-day warranty which ensures that your air rifle is operating properly.
- Shoot paper and cardboard targets, along with tin cans and melons, with this .177 air rifle designed for recreational shooting activities.
- The 5 shot clip reduces the number of times you have to reload.
- This is a semi-auto .177 air rifle and might not be legal in all neighborhoods.
- While this air rifle is fun to operate, it is slightly smaller than other .177 semi-auto pneumatic firearms.
Daisy 880 Multi Pump Air Rifle
Sleek and authentic looking, this .177 air rifle is simple fun to fire. The rifled steel barrel helps to improve accuracy, and you also have the advantage of a maximum velocity of 800 feet per second. The multi pump is easy to use, and also gives you more control over your shots. With the Monte Carlo designed stock and a 50 shot magazine, you can comfortably hold and shot this fun and accurate air rifle.
- The 50 shot clip will hold pellets and BBs to give you plenty of shooting options.
- The included rifle scope helps you accurately line up each shot before you take it.
- With its affordable price, this is the best .177 caliber air rifle for recreational use.
- This air rifle is designed for recreational shooting and is not designed for pest control or any type of hunting application.
- While this is a fun and accurate .177 caliber air rifle, it might not be suitable for more experienced marksmen.